30 Golf Puns That Will Make Your Stickers a Hole in One
The big-deal golf events all have their own names and branding. And while that’s fine, it can feel a little sterile.
Sometimes, you want something with a little more fun and personality. But where to start?
A little wordplay can go a long way toward making a memorable sticker your customers will want to show off.
With that in mind, here are some of our favorite golf puns to inspire your next event or even some freebies at the club.
Why Use Golf Puns in Your Event Branding?
Do you love golfing? And a good laugh? So do your customers! By creating fun, branded giveaway items such as stickers and custom golf ball sleeves, you can make your next tournament one people will look back on with a smile.
Here are a few more perks of using golf puns in your marketing:
- Set yourself apart. Golf can feel like a sport that takes itself very seriously, so it’s always fun to lighten things up a bit. Golf puns bring some levity to the game and encourage a few friendly laughs between competitors, customers in your pro shop, or whichever audience you’re trying to reach.
- Create a memorable event. If you’re hosting a tournament or golf event, puns are a fun way to enhance branded items that people want to use and reuse for years to come. After all, what player wouldn’t want a golf towel that says, “I like big putts.”
- Promote brand recognition. If you’re trying to get the word out about your brand, event, or store, golf puns position your organization as fun and approachable and make sure customers remember who you are next time they need a new putter or a fresh box of balls.
When it comes to branding, creativity is key. Although there’s definitely a time and a place for big, serious campaigns, it’s also smart to have a little fun with your promotional items, especially when your business is the world’s greatest game! By using golf puns wisely, you can create promotional items that hit harder and help you stay top-of-mind with your customers.
So, without further ado, here are some of our favorite golf puns for any occasion that will make your promotional items a hole-in-one.
Tee It Up
The tee is the start of every hole, and it’s also the start of our puns. Tee-themed golf puns are easy to understand, even for people who don’t know anything about golf. When paired with a visual, they become a go-to gift choice for the non-player shopping for a friend or family member.
- Spill the tee
- To tee or not to tee
- You’re tee-rific
- My cup of tee
- Let’s par-tee
Pars and Birdies
Par be it for us to make corny golf puns! After all, we’re par and away better than that! All jokes aside, check out these par-focused one-liners for your stickers or branded gear:
- You’re the best, by par
- Good times as par as the eye can see
- Beware the Bogeyman
- Bogey-mian Rhapsody
- Stay humble and put your eagle aside
- Catch me ridin’ birdie
Where would we (or our games) be without them? Hazards offer an extra challenge to the course and can make or break your score. These are perfect for encouraging a little friendly competition or negging. After all, don’t we all know someone whose balls always end up in the sand?
- The Duke of Hazards
- Having a Rough time
- Start of a beautiful friend-chip
- Everybody Trap your hands
This guy spends more time in the sand than David Hasselhoff
Putting is where the entire game narrows to a single point of focus, and things get intense. It’s also where you can capture a different kind of audience – like those who frequent your mini-golf course. Whatever the context, you can bring some levity to the moment by dressing things up with a punny sticker or club cover.
With that in mind, celebrate the sassy putters in your life with these putt-focused golf puns:
- Kiss my putt
- Green there, done that
- Putter late than never
- No ifs, ands, or putts about it
- I like big putts and I cannot lie
- Careful, putter fingers
- Down putt not out
General Golf Puns
If none of these are speaking to you, maybe it’s time to slice toward some more general golf puns. These are much more straightforward for non-players and will tell everyone who sees them, “this guy golfs.”
- May the course be with you
- Golf forth and prosper
- Fairway to heaven
- A chip off the old block
- Over the hill and fore away
- Asking fore a friend
Driver Home These Puns at Your Next Game or Event
Don’t settle for a ho-hum golf event that doesn’t stand out from the rest. Differentiate yourself and put your best foot forward by showcasing your pun-tastic sense of humor. Whether you want to poke some gentle pun at the guy caught in the sand trap – again – or celebrate the art of the bogey, these golf puns are the perfect way to celebrate the love of the game.
Ready to create your pun-beatable custom stickers? Start designing today!
- Tags: Stickers
- Nashira Edmiston